MASC members host the annual International Conference on Arabidopsis Research. The ICAR is the largest Arabidopsis conference worldwide and its venues rotate within the Americas, Europe and Australasia in order to maximize access of participants from all over the globe.
In the past 10 years, an average of 865 people attended the ICARs, among which 63% presented a poster (see figure below).
Figure. N° of ICAR attendees (blue) and posters presented (red) since 2007.
MASC Code of Conduct for ICAR meetingsThe MASC directors in collaboration with Joanna Friesner (Executive Director: North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) have developed a code of conduct for future ICAR events. This code includes advice about appropriately dealing with harassment and reporting of conference materials.
Save dates for the upcoming ICAR Meetings!
ICAR 2021: June 21st-25th 2021
ICAR 2022: June 22nd- 26th 2022, Belfast, UK
ICAR 2023: JUne 5th-9th 2023, Chiba, Japan
Details from previous ICAR Meetings!
The 2018 ICAR meeting took place in Turku, Finland.
Download ICAR2018 Abstract Book
Download ICAR2018 Programme
The ICAR2017 meeting took place in St Louis, USA
Download ICAR2017 Abstract Book
Download ICAR2017 Programme
The ICAR2016 meeting took place in Gyeongju, South Korea
Download ICAR2016 Programme
The ICAR2015 meeting took place in Paris, France
The 25th International Conference on Arabidopsis Research (ICAR) was held in Vancouver, Canada from July 28th- August 1st 2014 and was organized by the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC). The meeting was very successful and there was a great atmosphere celebrating the 25th anniversary of the ICAR. 625 people attended the 25th ICAR in Vancouver and almost 70% of the attendees (434) submitted a poster abstract (Figure).
Many MASC members were involved in the program of the 25th ICAR e.g.:
- ABRC and NASC booth, BAR booth, TAIR booth;
- 6 community workshops: “IAIC-International Arabidopsis Informatics Consortium”, “Arabidopsis Information Portal (AIP) Developer and User Workshop”, “EPIC - Epigenomics of Plants International Consortium”, “TAIR: A Sustainable Community Database for International Arabidopsis Research”, “Abiotic stress: MASC workshop”, “Phenomics in Arabidopsis: from phenes to genes”;
- and many sessions related to road map goals, e.g. “Translational Biology”, “Novel Tools and Techniques”, “Biotechnology, Food Security, Bioenergy”, “Synthetic Biology”, “Under-Represented Minority and Early Career Workshops”, just to name a few.
Visit web site: http://www.sallyjayconferences.com.au/icar2013
- 24th ICAR Program Booklet [Download PDF]
- 24th ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]
- 24th ICAR Time Table [Download PDF]
- 23rd ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]
- 21st ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]
- 14th ICAR Program [Download PDF]
- 13th ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]
- 12th ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]
- 11th ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]
- 10th ICAR Abstract Booklet [Download PDF]